Can you believe it’s the first weekend in March? Although it’s not warm here quite yet, I’m looking forward to enjoying plenty of time outside to enjoy some sun! D & I started out the weekend with a huge breakfast (crab omelettes have become a Saturday tradition around here) and plan to head out in a bit to stop by a few local haunts and meet up with friends. The past week flew by, but the highlight was a no-brainer: Thursday’s event at Patina Studios. The group there was a perfect mix of creatives, bloggers, and stylists and I was thrilled to spend the evening with many talented people. I bumped into a few old friends like Michelle Edgemont (you may remember her when she stopped by to share insight on building a brand) and met new friends as well. The theme of the event was…(wait for it)… Roller Rink! Meaning, we all laced up a pair of skates and were transported to a blast from the past. You can’t tell from this picture, but my skating skills were… well, let’s just say I was reminded that coordination isn’t my strong suit. Nonetheless it was such a clever concept for a party!
A few links I found around the web that I hope provide inspiration for your weekend:
- If you’re a citrus lover like me, you may also have a hard time deciding which of Joy’s three drinks to test out first. Which shall we all try?
- If you don’t want to wait until Girl Scout Cookie season, try making them yourself at home!
- Jo shares a few great tips to prepare for houseguests.
- It’s no secret I have a huge sweet tooth, but kale and brussels sprouts happen to be two of my favorite health foods so I think I’m going to make this salad this week.
- You must try the recipe for the picture of the doughnuts above. Don’t they look divine?
*Image via How Sweet Eats