Happy Saturday, my dears! I hope you have something summery planned in order to soak up the warm sun and long days before the fall is upon us! D & I have a morning walk along the Hudson River planned, a trip to the farmer’s market to load up on veggies and delicious fruit spreads, and we have a few boxes left that still need to be unpacked. My favorite part about our new place is also the part that I’m still getting used to – natural light! Like most places in Manhattan, our old building was surrounded by high-rises and didn’t allow for much light. Our new apartment is the complete opposite – a ridiculous amount of sun streams in, but is the best way to wake up each morning. We’re also starting to design Peanut’s nursery and I must admit, it’s kinda tough to pick out baby furniture and décor without knowing the gender! We’re going with organic neutrals across the board so I can’t wait to see how it all comes together (and eventually add in pops of color.) If you have any tips for decorating a nursery, I’d love to hear them!
Here are some of my favorite and most inspirational posts that I stumbled on this week:
- Adored Meg’s Behind the Biz feature with Lee Kleinhelter of Pieces.
- I love A Subtle Revelry’s round-up of great centerpieces… which is your favorite?
- How gorgeous is Michelle Ross’ stunning jewelry line? I love each unique piece.
- Drooling over these wild berry tarts! They look like the most perfect way to use up fresh summer produce before the season is over!
- Speaking of baking, I just started a new “Sunday Baking” routine. It’s been so relaxing and something to look forward to for testing out another recipe on my long “Oooh – I need to make that soon” list. Tomorrow I’m going to give these blueberry hand pies a whirl.
- I was thrilled to discover Sun + Dotter, a curation and styling service for design-conscious parents. I’m not into anything “babyish” or “cutesy” so am glad to hear Janette’s nursery philosophy isn’t far from my own: “Would I put this in my living room?”
- Definitely going to have to make Quinn & Ali’s Dip Dyed Dishtowels soon.